By Chip Wood and Babs Freeman-Loftis
Bring positive behavior to your school through strong, consistent, and positive discipline. Two experienced administrators offer practical strategies for building a safe, calm, and respectful school climate—strategies based on deep respect for children and for staff.
See how to:
• Establish school-wide signals that get quick, quiet attention
• Craft school-wide rules that children take seriously—even cherish
• Give staff techniques for teaching and reinforcing expected behavior
• Use 10 practices that will help all children achieve positive behavior
• Make restoring positive behavior the goal of responding to misbehavior
• Create peaceful recesses, lunchtimes, hallways, and bus rides
• Invite parents to work with you ...